Behavior SpecialistApply Now Req ID 74041 Date posted 05/31/2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? At Merakey, we put heart and soul into everything we do. We are seeking Behavior Specialist to join our team at our program in Indiana, PA.
Our Behavior Specialist will be collaborating with other members of the treatment team, assessing, designing, and directing the implementation of a recovery-oriented treatment and support plan that uses a person-centered approach for children and adults with a developmental disability and mental health diagnosis. Providing intensive therapeutic services in all types of settings, including but not limited to community living arrangements, schools, community settings, natural support residences, and more. Leading development and monitoring of behavioral support interventions and/or collaborating with external behavior support professionals. Providing individual and group treatment and support, choosing applicable modalities according to each individual’s/family’s needs and treatment plan. Collecting, evaluating, and presenting behavioral data through a functional behavioral assessment process.
Merakey offers Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plans, competitive compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell phone discount plan, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement and much more!
To fill out an online application: www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition number: 74041
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve. Merakey strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy for abuse.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master's Degree in psychology, counseling, applied behavior analysis or another health and human service-related field
- Licensed/certified eligible as a Behavior Specialist (LBS), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Social Worker (LSW), Professional Counselor (LPC) or Board-Certified Behavior Analyst
- At least one year experience in the behavioral health field working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Licensed/certified Behavior Specialist (LBS), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Professional Counselor (LPC) license or Board-Certified Behavior Analyst
- Experience leading behavior modification techniques and thorough knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)